Remember that $10-a-month service you signed up for three years ago and rarely use? It’s already cost you a whopping $360. Everything from your dog’s food to your trash bags now has a subscription.
Convenience is not always the best option for your wallet. What may only seem like a small cost at signup will eventually stack up to a very large recurring amount each month regardless if you actually use the service or not.
Streaming music, television, movies, makeup, ride sharing and also signing up for subscription boxes that deliver groceries, toiletries, and clothes, is where a majority of students spend their money without even considering it.
Monthly subscriptions were all the rage in 2015, but it’s 2019 and just like how TV networks are pulling off of Netflix to start their own cheaper independent streaming per episode services so should everything else. The monthly subscription model is great if you use it every day, but when you break it down to cost per use throughout the entire year it’s a little ridiculous. You should only pay for what you need!
That exact motto of “Only pay for what you need” has been top of mind since day one here at iFlipd. As the only pay-as-you-go weekly textbook/video game rental provider, iFlipd allows people to pay for only the time they need through weekly rentals. You can return them at any time while earning reward points along the way good for a wide variety of gift cards. Only pay for what you need when you need it, like that big exam you having coming up or a video game you want to only play for a few weeks!
Are you forking out more than you realize each month? Take some time, login into your bank account from last month and start adding up what you spend on:
- Streaming video (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, etc.)
- Streaming music (Spotify, Apple Music, Slacker, Pandora, etc.)
- Security subscriptions (ADT, SimpliSafe, Frontpoint, etc.)
- Online storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)
- Photo storage and sharing (Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, etc.)
- Online backups (Mozy, Carbonite, iDrive, etc.)
- Personal styling (Stitch Fix, Birchbox, Ipsy, etc.)
- Magazine, book and news subscriptions (Texture, Audible, New York Times, etc.)
Your cart is empty