Deception: Counterdeception and Counterintelligence
Hardcover$15 per week
Bridging the divide between theory and practice, Deception: Counterdeception and Counterintelligence provides a thorough overview of the principles of deception and its uses in intelligence operations. This masterful guide focuses on practical training in deception for both operational planners and intelligence analysts using a case-based approach. Authors Robert M. Clark and William L. Mitchell draw from years of professional experience to offer a fresh approach to the roles played by information technologies such as social media. By reading and working through the exercises in this text, operations planners will learn how to build and conduct a deception campaign, and intelligence analysts will develop the ability to recognize deception and support deception campaigns.
- New channels for deception, such as social media, are explored to show you how to conduct and detect deception activities through information technology.
- Multichannel deception across the political, military, economic, social, infrastructure, and information domains provides you with insight into the variety of ways deception can be used as an instrument for gaining advantage in conflict.
- Contemporary and historical cases simulate real-world raw intelligence and provide you with opportunities to use theory to create a successful deception operation.
- A series of practical exercises encourages you to think critically about each situation. The exercises have several possible answers, and conflicting raw material is designed to lead readers to different answers depending on how the reader evaluates the material.
- Individual and team assignments offer you the flexibility to proceed through the exercises in any order and assign exercises based on what works best for the classroom setup.
Your cart is empty