Can Creative Writing Really Be Taught?: Resisting Lore in Creative Writing Pedagogy (10th anniversary edition)
Hardcover$15 per week
Revised and updated throughout, this 10th-anniversary edition of Can Creative Writing Really Be Taught? is a significantly expanded guide to key issues and practices in creative writing teaching today.
Challenging the myths of creative writing teaching, experienced and up-and-coming teachers explore what works in the classroom and workshop and what does not. Now brought up-to-date with new issues that have emerged with the explosion of creative writing courses in higher education, the new edition includes:
· Guides to and case studies of workshop practice
· Discussions on grading and the myth of “the easy A”
· Explorations of the relationship between reading and writing
· A new chapter on creative writing research
· A new chapter on games, fan-fiction and genre writing
· New chapters on identity and activism
Can Creative Writing Really Be Taught? is supported by a companion website at www.bloomsbury.com, including extensive links to online resources, teaching case studies and lesson plans.
Your cart is empty