Doing Research in Applied Linguistics: Realities, dilemmas, and solutions
Hardcover$15 per week
Doing Research in Applied Linguistics: Realities, dilemmas, and solutions provides insight and guidance for those undertaking research, and shows the reader how to deal with the challenges of this research involving real people in real settings. Featuring over twenty chapters by experienced and up-and-coming researchers from around the world, this book:
- outlines the steps involved in solving the problem and completing a successful, and publishable, project;
- provides case studies of obstacles faced at each stage of research, from preliminary planning to report writing;
- addresses issues of validity and reliability during data collection and analysis;
- discusses ethical issues in research dealing with vulnerable groups including children, refugees, and students;
- includes examples from longitudinal studies, and both qualitative and quantitative research.
Doing Research in Applied Linguistics is essential reading for students studying research methods, or for those embarking on their first research project in applied linguistics or language education.
Your cart is empty