Foreign Policy Analysis: New approaches
Hardcover$5 per week
Building on the success of the first edition, this revised volume re-invigorates the conversation between foreign policy analysis and international relations. It opens up the discussion, situating existing debates in foreign policy in relation to contemporary concerns in international relations, and provides a concise and accessible account of key areas in foreign policy analysis that are often ignored. Focusing on how foreign policy decision making affects the conduct of states in the international system, and analysing the relationship between policy, agency and actors, the volume examines:
- foreign policy and bureaucracies
- domestic sources of foreign policy
- foreign policy and the state
- foreign policy and globalization
- foreign policy and change.
Features of the second edition include:
- a wider range of contemporary case studies and examples from around the globe
- analysis of new directions in foreign policy analysis including foreign policy implementation and the changing media landscape
- fully updated material across all chapters to reflect the evolving research agenda in the area.
This second edition builds on and expands the theoretical canvas of foreign policy analysis, shaping its ongoing dialogue with international relations and offering an important introduction to the field. It is essential reading for all students of foreign policy and international relations.
Your cart is empty