Education, Equality and Human Rights: Issues of Gender, 'Race', Sexuality, Disability and Social Class
Hardcover$10 per week
The fourth edition of Education, Equality and Human Rights has been fully updated to reflect the economic, political, social and cultural changes in educational and political policy and practice, as austerity continues and in the light of the EU referendum. Written by a carefully selected group of experts, each of the five equality issues of gender, ‘race’, sexuality, disability and social class are covered as areas in their own right as well as in relation to education.
Key issues explored include:
- human rights, equality and education
- women and equality, historically and now
- gender and education perspectives throughout time
- racism in the UK from the Empire to the present
- racism and education from imperial times to the May government
- the making and remaking of sexualities
- the challenges surrounding teaching and learning about sexuality in schools
- the struggle for disability equality
- inclusive education
- social class, Marxism and socialism
- social class inequality and education.
With an uncompromising and rigorous analysis of education and human rights and a foreword from Professor Peter McClaren, Education, Equality and Human Rights is an essential resource across a wide range of disciplines and for all those interested in education, social policy and human rights.
Your cart is empty