Nuts & Bolts: A Practical Guide to Teaching College Composition
Hardcover$10 per week
- How can I sequence a writing course?
- How can in-class writing exercises develop writing
- What is the place of reading in a writing course?
- What is my role in writing conferences?
- How can I help students self-evaluate?
- How do I teach editing?
- How should I grade?
Nuts & Bolts deals with these questions in a lucid, jargon-free, and specific way. While filled with examples of student work and classroom exercises, it is more than a sampler of things that "work." Each contributor is careful to show how classroom work comes out of careful thinking about course objectives; readers are invited to eavesdrop on this decision making process.
An unabashedly practical book, Nuts & Bolts will be the single most useful book a college writing teacher could own.
Your cart is empty