International Intellectual Property Integrated World Economy, 2nd Edition (Aspen Casebook Series)
Hardcover$5 per week
$5 per week
5 weeks to own
Return anytime and charges stop.
Pay for 5 weeks to own and the book is yours to keep.
Only pay for what you need. Textbooks on your terms.
*Arrives in 3-7 business days. Free shipping both ways.
Engaging text, cases, and a wealth of excerpted materials place IP in a global context. International Intellectual Property in an Integrated World Economy illuminates the legal and technological considerations specific to international IP practice. Updated throughout, the Second Edition looks at current and evolving topics that span the globe, including cutting-edge and high-interest issues such as the role of IP in addressing climate change, the evolving IP landscape in China and India, and the new "plurilateral" focus on enforcement. Highly teachable, this casebook features:
- a close look at the roles of multilateral organizations in the regulation of IP
- a survey of major regional organizations, such as the European Union, the European Patent Office, and the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization
- a guide to multilateral and regional trade agreements and the mechanisms for their enforcement
- introduction to the fundamental principles of IP law, illustrated through case law from various jurisdictions
- detailed discussion of the role of new technologies in the international IP system
- lucid and engaging text, notes, questions, and problems
- excerpts by IP and policy leading scholars
- tensions and litigation involving IP owners in emerging markets
- progress on the Work Program of the WIPO Development Agenda
- IP developments in Europe, including changes brought about by the EU's Lisbon Treaty, and progress on the Community Patent
- US cases, such as Costco v. Omega, Bilski v. Kappos, and AMP v. USPTO
Your cart is empty