Hardcover$5 per week
The Digital Musician is a textbook for creative music technology and electronic music courses. It provides an overview of sound properties, acoustics, digital music, and sound design as a basis for understanding the compositional possibilities that new music technologies allow. Creative projects allow students to apply key concepts covered in each chapter. Topics covered include hardware hacking, live coding, interactive music, sound manipulation and transformation, software instruments, networked performance, as well as critical listening and analysis.
- Readers Guides outline the major topics in each chapter
- Project boxes for both individuals and groups throughout each chapter
- Annotated Listening Lists for each chapter, with accompanying playlists on the companion website
- Recommended Further Reading and Discussion Questions at the end of each chapter
- Case studies of actual composers, with contributed projects
- Companion website includes reading lists, links to audio and video, and slides for use in the classroom.
Your cart is empty